The museum Open every day 15 June - 30 sept. 2017
from: 10 am to 1 pm
and 2 to 5 pm
LIFE IN TRENCH IN WINTER
On the centenary of the Great War in the Dolomites
GUIDED TOURS WITH SNOWSHOEING.
The snowshoeing is performed, in the area Edelweiss Stellung, in the barracks and reconstructed trenches, 100 meters in altitude from the museum. The land is owned by the town of Livinnallongo del Col di Lana. The tour continues with a guided tour inside the Museum "Tre Sassi", rich in historical relics collected by the family Lancedelli. One of the finest collections in this area of the Dolomites, which boasts 20,000 visitors a year.
The walk ends at the Refuge Valparola, the "Board of Soldiers", a good meal and a hot mulled wine. Special dishes, for these occasions, proposed by Trebo family, owners of Refuge, composed by Elio, Carmen and Raffaella.
This walk can be the occasion for a charming and interesting experience to discover a history that after 100 years, should not be forgotten
For who is interested:
- The snowshoeing, are effected every day from February 21 to March 9 (by appointment)
- The trip takes about 2.30 and 1 hour in the Museum Tre Sassi
- Meeting at 9.45 (possible in the afternoon beginning at 14.00 on reservation)
- For groups, also on other days at least 10 people.
- Adults cost € 20,00 per person (guided tour Edelweiss Stellung and Museum Tre Sassi).
- Students and schools from age 11 to 18, per person € 15.00
- Children and school age from 6 to 10 years € 10.00
- Rent snowshoes € 10.00 per person
- Reservation at the numbers 347 497 0781 - 377 280 2867
Loris Lancedelli Franz Brunner Pozzi Sebastiano Franzò
The experts historical and museum guides "Tre Sassi"
Go to website Rifugio Valparola